Laryngeal Paralysis Tie Back Procedure
In dogs and cats with laryngeal paralysis, the muscles that normally pull the airway open do not function properly. When an affected pet breathes in, the walls of the airway do not pull open instead, they are sucked into the opening, or in severe cases the airway can become completely closed off.
In the tieback procedure, a suture is used to permanently pull the wall of the airway open on one side of the larynx.
How much does the Laryngeal Paralysis Tie Back Procedure cost?
The all inclusive fee is $3,400.00
- Intake Physical Examination
- Pre-Anesthetic Bloodwork: CBC, full chemistry panel, clotting profile when indicated
- I.V. Catheter
- I.V. Fluids
- Pre-Anesthetic analgesia drugs
- Preoperative imaging (radiographs, CT scan)
- Anesthesia induction drugs tailored to the individual patient
- Anesthesia Maintenance on isoflurane
- Anesthesia monitoring by: EKG, CO2 end tidal, O2 saturation, Blood pressure, body temperature
- Laryngeal Paralysis Tie Back Procedure
- Post-surgical recovery monitoring
- Post-surgical therapy laser treatment
- Hospitalization as required
- Take home medications
- Recheck appointments